Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is a day of Love, but for me it is also a day of sorrow mixed with great joy. The sorrow happened on February 14, 1997. The day we lost our precious baby girl-Erin. We will remember her by going to Twin Falls where we held her memorial service and plant a flower in her memory as well as one for Blake.




















Today we traveled once again to Twin Falls to plant our flowers and take a short hike. It was a beautiful day-very mild. Due to the flooding earlier this year, Erin and Blake's garden had been washed away, but three of the plants remained and we could see small blue flowers starting to bloom. We built up the walls even bigger and better than before. Brielle really got into the building. I miss you Erin and Blake...Happy Valentine's Day.

The great joy happened on February 14, 2006. That was the day I got THE CALL from our adoption agency saying that Brielle was OUT of PGN and she would be coming home soon!!!!!!!! I told the boys and Greg the news by giving them a valentine from 'fake Brielle' that said, "I'm Out of PGN!" There was a lot of dancing, celebrating and screaming going on that Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blogs a lot.

Jeanne said...

What a mixed memory day for you all. I'm glad you have each other to celebrate and remember together.